As anyone with babies and young children know, schedules are constantly changing and adapting to fit the needs of your little ones. Samuel has moved to one nap and has pushed it much later in the morning. While I expect things to change and adapt more as our life is constantly changing and shifting, this is the schedule that works for us right now.
I still have a few things I want to work on. I would like to learn how to live outside more. The fresh air is so good for us, and when Samuel is outside he simply comes alive. If any of you have ideas along those lines, please share them. I am also still striving for a balance between having a consistant and predictable schedule and being open and flexible for unexpected opportunities to minister to or share in fellowship with others. It is a challenging balance to strike.
I’m going to stop rambling and just share my schedule now:
Early Morning Routine
- Make bed
- Start 1 load of laundry
- Shower (listen to audio bible while in the shower)
- If there is time before breakfast do a quick house tidy
7:15 (approx) Breakfast – Arlen usually makes breakfast. We have a short worship with Samuel at the table.
- Clean up breakfast
- Nurse Samuel, Dress Him and Diaper Change
- Brush Teeth
- Exercise (Try to start by 8:30 – 9:00 at the LATEST) – Samuel and I are starting to exercise together with a Mommy and Me DVD as well as doing power walking and the like I really enjoy taking advantage of this time to be together.
- Learning Time (Start by 9:30)
- Move Laundry
- Play together
10:30/10:45ish – Start Samuel’s Nap Routine (Take care of last minute chores, dim lights, change diaper, clean up toys, read stories.) Sometimes I have to stay with Samuel during his nap. If not, I pray or work on projects that are difficult to do while he is awake. Sometimes I nap too.
- Clean up from lunch
- Vacuum the house (Samuel loves to help with this)
- Run any Errands we have (including play dates etc)
- Do any outdoor chores
- If there is time, play outside and do outdoor chores
- Start Supper
6:40 Bath and Bedtime Routine (Worship, singing and stories) While Arlen is giving Samuel a bath, I set out clothes for the next day and make sure we have everything we need out of our bedroom (Samuel sleeps in our room).
- Plan for the next day
- Have worship with Arlen
- Weekly activities
- Sunday: Family Meeting
- Monday: Date Night
- Tuesday: Simple Church CORE4 Meeting
- Wednesday: Personal Prayer and Bible Study
- Thursday: Clean the House and Prepare for Sabbath
- Friday: Enjoy Sabbath and Relax
- Saturday: Vespers and Game Night